Friday, March 16, 2012

A new Adventure begins

Three years. THREE YEARS! I thought this witness protection thing with Team Rocket would blow over pretty quickly. I spent many months thinking that "today will be the day Prof Oak comes for me" but he didn't. Then I spent the next year trying to fit in here in my new home in New Bark Town but it just didn't work, I miss my Pokemon too much. And then I had an idea.

My new "mum" is really an agent for some special police, Oak set me up here with her. She's ok but she barely lets me out of her sight, I knew I would have to work on her to get out of this town and back to Pokemon training. There's another Pokemon Professor in this town, Prof Elm. I'd met him a few times and he seemed ok, if a little absent minded. The person I needed on side was a girl about my age named Lyra. I became friends with her and she's a great person but not too bright. It was pretty easy to make her think it's odd that someone my age didn't have a Pokemon or have a trainer card. Quickly it spread from Lyra to her family to the rest of the town. I knew that the fact I didn't have a Pokemon would soon be raising too many questions. I was right.

One morning I came down for breakfast after a weird dream about Prof Oak and a Marrill. I'd barely made it down my stairs when my "mum" confronted me. She'd finally given in. She gave me a new trainer card and told me I was to run some errands for Prof Elm and get my own Pokemon. It had worked! "Mum" warned me not to wander too far, she could only really protect me if I was near. I agreed (with my fingers crossed behind my back) and realised I was going to miss her. She'd been more of a mum to me than my real mother had ever been and the house here was amazing compared to what I had come from. I impulsively gave her a hug and then dashed out the door.

Outside I ran into Lyra and her Marrill. I greeted them and made my goodbyes quickly, I was eager to get to Prof Elm's lab and get my Pokemon. I already knew that I wanted to travel with Chikorita, the grass Pokemon. I arrived at Elms lab and he gave me the standard "People travel and train and play with Pokemon and forge bonds and blah blah blah" speech before telling me he had one condition for me to have one of his Pokemon, I had to walk with my Pokemon outside their PokeBalls, he had some theories about the way it might affect evolution or something. I agreed hastily and dashed over to the table with the PokeBalls on it, searching for Chikorita. As I rummaged something caught my eye. There was a gorgeous Cyndaquil. She shone like a star. I had never seen a Cyndaquil with her gorgeous brown coat. I knew I had to have her.

With my new Cyndaquil following me I set out to run prof Elm's errand, running out past nearby Cherrygrove to the house of "Mr Pokemon". Easy as pie! On the way I stopped briefly at Cherrygrove and there met an old man who gave me a pair of running shoes. This would make my journey easier. I arrived at Mr Pokemon's house to Prof Oak there! I'd changed since I saw him last but I'm positive her recognised me. I knew I was going to be in trouble when I got back home. Mr Pokemon had been expecting me, he had a mysterious egg that he needed transported back to Prof Elm. I out the egg in my backpack and dashed off back to new Bark Town.

On the way back I ran into this redheaded guy who challenged me to a Pokemon fight. My Cyndaquil did her best and managed to defeat his Totodile. I got back to Elm's lab to find they'd been burgled! A redhead guy had been seen stealing Elm's Totodile. I helped the cops as best I could but I couldn't afford to be caught up in an investigation. I dropped by my home and luckily my "mum" was out. I left her a note and headed out of New Bark Town, for good. On my way out I ran into Lyra who gave me some PokeBalls, they would come in handy.

I passed through Cherrygrove again and snuck past Mr Pokemon's house in case Oak was still there. By the time I arrived in Violet City, home to the first Johto Gym, I had made a team of Cyndaquil, Hoothoot, Geodude, Sentret and Spinarak. I thought I had things decided, little did I know my team would go through several changes.

1 comment:

  1. MOAR! MOAR! MOAR!

    It's nice that your new mother isn't a drug lord.

    ReplyDelete