Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mastering my Balls

After stopping by the Pokemon Centre to dump my Fearow in favour of a less ugly Pidgey I headed back to Lavender Town to climb Pokemon Tower, the final resting place for many Pokemon. Once inside it was quickly obvious that something was wrong here. The Rocket's had been through and killed some Pokemon and all the trainers inside were now possessed! It was like a bad horror movie. It felt like home for me and my Pokemon.
It wasn't long before I'd snagged a Ghastly and a Cubone and then I made my way up the tower, destroying the possessed trainers as I went. Then out of nowhere out pops Gary Oak, that FUCKER! He thought he'd trained well and could take me down this time. I quickly proved him wrong. My new Pidgey was gaining levels left and right while my other Pokemon showed Gary Oak just who the boss was. Once again I sent him fleeing with his tail between his legs. Not that I'm saying Gary Oak has a tail. But I'm not saying he doesn't. Gary oak COULD have a tail. Allegedly!


At the top of the tower I fought the spirit of Marowak and found a bunch of Rocket Grunts were still there. After kicking all their asses one by one in a gauntlet type of ordeal I found Mr Fuji, a man who I'd heard had been kidnapped. Fuji revealed he was here of his own free will to calm the spirit of Marowak. After I assured him that Marowak wouldn't be causing any more problems he gave me a PokeFlute. With this I could wake up those lazy fucking Snorlaxes that had been blocking the roads!

Before I could go hunting Snorlaxes I decided to investigate Saffron City. I heard that the Rocket's had moved there after their defeat in Celadon. I found Saffron in a state of lockdown. The Rocket's had seized control, most citizens were locked in their homes. After listening in on a few conversations it seemed that the Rockets had set up in the Silph Co. building so I made that my next stop. Inside Silph Co. there were Rocket Grunts everywhere. I knew that Giovanni was behind this and it was time to teach him a lesson for fleeing from me in Celadon.
I made my way up the many floors of Silph Co. fighting Rocket Grunts and scientists that had joined Team Rocket. I had under estimated how powerful the Rockets had become while I was off dealing with the Pokemon Tower and I now realised it had been but a distraction. I was battle weary and my Pokemon in bad shape when I once again ran into Gary Oak. That dumb fuck pops up everywhere but never sees to step up and fix the problem like I do. My Pokemon were already exhausted but I pushed them to their limits. Venusaur raged through Gary's Pokemon in a bloody haze and Pidgey evolved into a Pidgeotto! Eventually the battle was over and I was surprised to find myself and my Pokemon still standing, Gary had fled.

After a brief rest my team and I set forth again to find Giovanni. We ran into a scientist who had not gone over to the Rockets, he gave me a Lapras to take care of before he died in my arms. With a steely determination I smashed my way through the last few trainers and found myself face to face with Giovanni again. I knew I hadn't trained my Pokemon enough and this would be a tough battle but his Pokemon seemed to tremble at the sight of my Venusaur. Even though they were several levels higher than Venusar, it had no problems taking them down in a rain of leaves and vines.
When the vegetation was cleared Giovanni was no where to be seen, he had escaped again! Who I DID find was the president of Silph Co. for saving his life and his company he gave me a reward, the Master Ball! I laid this special ball gingerly in the ball pocket of my backpack. I knew it would come in handy one day. I modestly declined the ticker tape parade that Silph Co wanted to throw for me for saving Saffron and instead went to train hard, knowing I needed to kick butt at the Saffron Gym.
After some intense training I knew I was ready for the newest Gym. I charged in, ready to fight the psychic type pokemon I'd heard populated this gym. To my surprise there were no psychic types here, only fighters! I fought my way to the gym leader, Koichi, and my trusty Pidgeotto ripped his fighters apart, blowing their bodies to the four winds. When I asked for my gym badge I discovered my mistake. This was not the Saffron Gym but a fighting dojo BESIDE the Saffron Gym. To placate my anger the leader of the dojo allowed me to take one of their prize fighters. I took Hitmonchan and shoved him in Bill's PC.

One quick stop at the PokeCentre later I was in the right place and teleporting all around Saffron Gym looking for the leader, Sabrina. Growlithe and Gyarados shone with their bite attacks taking huge chunks out of the Pokemon protecting this gym. Eventually I had fought my way to the centre of the gym and stood face to face with Sabrina. Sabrina gave me a run for my money but she just could not stand up to Gyarados and Growlithe. I decided to let out Venusaur to sate his blood lust and he was knocked out! This was the first time I'd seen anyone do that to Venusaur. I knew that this meant a change in the way I'd train. From here on out I would train my Pokemon harder and I would be the very best, like no one ever was!

After finally defeating Sabrina and earning my Marshbadge I headed out, past Celadon towards the Cycling Road. Here I found myself a Doduo in the long grass and fought my first Snorlax. Snorlax proved to be a challenge but soon he was in his new home, a Great Ball in Bill's PC. behind the entrance to Cycling Road I found a secret shack and there a woman taught my Pidgeotto how to Fly! Now I could easily fly between the cities we'd already visited.
From my vantage point at the top of Cycling Road I could see all the way down it towards Fuschia City, where I would find the next Gym and I'd also heard there was a "Safari Zone" there, home to many rare Pokemon. That's my next goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment