Friday, March 2, 2012

MAGIKARP! Use Splash!






So, Boulder Badge still covered in the gore of Brock's pokemon I set off for Mount Moon, spurred on by rumours of Clefairy and Team Rocket. Also, Bulbasaur needed to kill more stuff.
On the journey to Mount Moon I kicked the butt of many trainers. All challengers who came my way were sent home wailing over the fallen bodies of their fainted pokemon. Soon I had reached the pokemon center that serviced the Pewter City side of Mount Moon. There I healed my ragtag team and met a man selling a Magikarp for ONLY $500! WHAT A BARGAIN! I took some time to deliberate over this purchase. Did I want a Magikarp that would be completely useless until lvl 15 when it could learn Tackle and then, still be pretty useless until it evolved into Gyarados at level 20?
$500 poorer I left the pokemon center with my new lvl 5 Magikarp at the head of my party. Before venturing into Mount Moon itself I took advantage of the long grass near the PokeCenter and did some levelling. In that long grass I picked up a Jigglypuff and a
Nidoran♂. I could not find a Nidoran♀ because apparently they've only got a 1% find rate in Fire Red. I thought to myself "AH, I'll wait til my Magikarp has tackle a bit later and come back and spend time farming one up." Silly me!
With my party ranging between level 10 and lvl 14 I set of on the first of many journeys into Mount Moon and back to the PokeCenter. I killed many Trainers and caught myself a Zubat, Geodude and Paras. I managed to deal with the plethora of Zubat mainly with Pikachu and Butterfree. Butterfree has become the real star of my team, taking down anyone that comes near him with his Confusion attack.

Eventually I ventured into the lower levels of Mount Moon and had my first run in with Team Rocket. Here I discovered the weak link in my team, Mankey. I had him along because I thought some good fighting moves would make short work of normal types like Rattata. I soon foudn the folly of this thinking when lower level Rattata's were 1-hit KO-ing Mankey with their Quick Attacks. I think I might swap Mankey out for a Sandshrew when I get to Cerulean.
Finally I found this dork on the lowest lvl and kicked his ass resoundingly. Then I felt sorry for the guy and let him keep one of the fossils he'd found. I kept the Helix fossil. No way do I want a Dome Fossil, I remember how creepy Kabuto was in that one episode!

With Fossil in hand I managed to find my way out the other side of Mount Moon. Here I jumped down some ledges before realising there was no way back! I had missed my chance at getting the Nidoran♀ from the other side of Mount Moon and not grabbed a Clefairy while I was in there. DAMN YOU! Now I have to wait til I can fly to go back for them. I went to the PokeCenter, got some healing and had a quick scout around Cerulean, home to Misty and my next badge. I accidentally ran into Gary Oak again.

I pooped my pants a little as Gary came out of nowhere, I wasn't ready for this confrontation! As he pulled out a lvl 18 Pidgeotto I knew I was doomed. But, during my trip through Mount Moon my little Bulbasaur had evolved from the blood drenched boy he was into a MAN! An Ivysaur man to be exact. After my other pokemon fell Ivysaur stepped forward and took the hits from Charmander but managed to turn the battle around and once again, Gary Oak was left crying in the dirt like a little girl!
PHEW! After that I healed and saved. Now it is my mission to do some levelling up and find a Sandshrew and an Ekans, I know they're around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment