Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm on a boat!



After defeating Misty I was in a good mood so decided to help the police investigating a home invasion nearby. Obviously they were pretty incompetent, I found the thief in the back yard of the house! I trounced him soundly and, instead of returning the stolen items I decided to keep them.
I set of south towards Vermillion City, picking myself up a Meowth on the way. I checked out the Pokemon daycare but I figure that old man could never control my bunch of psychos so I didn't leave any of them with him.

A little while later I was beating up on some trainers and I realized I was totally sick and tired of Magikarp. I rummaged through my bag and found some candies and decided to feed them to him. It took some maneuvering but eventually I managed to shove them down his throat without completely choking him. He took this pretty poorly, freaking out and turning into a raging, biting Gyarados.

Soon I was in Vermillion City where some old dude gave me a ticket for a free bike. I immediately ran all the way back to Cerulean and visited the bike shop. Apparently a scrap of paper with "Give him a bike, or else" can save you $1,000,000!

Astride my new bike I headed back to Vermillion where the S.S. Anne was docked. I used the ticket Bill gave me to get aboard. And now I know what he was so happy to give the ticket away. The ticket wasn't even a full ticket! I didn't get a cabin and I didn't even get to stay aboard when the boat left. So essentially I got to go on a quick tour and that was it. Last time I help anyone who's been merged with a Clefairy!

During my brief time aboard the S.S. Anne I managed to "liberate" a few items I found in some of the rooms and soundly trounced many trainers. I decided to go check out the bridge and, what a surprise, Gary Fucking Oak had bet me there. Once again I kicked his butt (I'm beginning to think he likes it) and then went to visit the captain. The captain offered to give me the Cut HM to help me on my journey but there were strings attached. First I had to give him a rub. Which would've been hot if he wasn't vomiting the entire time.

Soon I had taught my vicious Ivysaur the Cut technique and headed back to dry land. Back in Vermillion City I was now (thanks to Cut) able to get into the Vermillion Gym. This new gym was full of electricity and was run by "Lieutenant" Surge. Personally I think he's just some dude with a taste for uniforms. Thanks to the electric nature of his Pokemon several of mine were completely useless. Thankfully the unbridled rage of my Ivysaur saved me once more. He ripped Surge's Pokemon to pieces, ending it all in a gory battle with Raichu. I almost couldn't watch.
Soon I had my Thunder Badge in hand and I was heading out for my next conquest. Soon I'm hoping to head into that Diglett cave and see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment