Thursday, March 1, 2012

It has begun...



I stuck Fire Red in my old DS, chose my name, reminded Oak that his grandson's name is Gary and set out on my journey. My mum seemed glad to see the back of me, I think maybe now I'm out of the house she is gong to setup a meth lab in my old room.



Good old Prof Oak, he stopped me from going into the long grass (where I would ave been mauled by level 2 Rattata's apparently) and took me back to his lab. There he ignored his grandson completely and let me choose my Pokemon first. It really was a hard decision but in the end I decided to stay faithful to my original Pokemon from Blue version and chose Bulbasaur. Gary was a douche straight away, choosing Charmander and making it eat my
Bulbasaur's face.
So I recovered and left Pallet town and my poor lonely, meth dealing mum behind me and set of on an epic journey. At Viridian City I picked up a package for Prof Oak and had to return to Pallet Town with it.
With a Pokedex, Poke Balls and a Town Map in my back pack I set back out on my epic journey. On the way to Viridian I picked up the obligatory Pidgey and Rattata. Then I promptly dumped them in "Someone's PC". Instead of heading straight out through the forest I took a detour west to Route 22.
Back in my day Route 22 was home to the Nidorans but not any more. Instead I picked up a Mankey and then leveled up while I hunted the elusive Spearow. Once I had my Spearow I made a quick trip to Viridian Forest. There I avoided trainers and hunted Pokemon. I soon had a Weedle (which I then dumped in PokeStorage) and a Caterpie and then I went into HuntMode, ignoring all other Pokemon until I had my rare Pikachu (she is going to slaughter Misty later).

With my new team of Caterpie, Pikachu, Spearow, Mankey and Bulbasaur I headed back to Route 22. There I faced Gary Oak once again and proceeded to grind his Pidgey and Charmander into dirt. Fresh from victory I visited the PokeCenter and headed back to Viridian Forest.

And that is where I saved. My plan is to level my Pokemon until Bulbasaur gets Vine Whip before I head into Pewter Town to challenge Brock.



No comments:

Post a Comment